Heather has been coaching people towards a healthier lifestyle since becoming a Registered Dietitian in 2011. She practices what she preaches by living a healthy, balanced lifestyle with a focus on both food and fitness. Heather has coached individuals with a variety of goals, whether that means weight loss, muscle gain, optimal sports performance or improved overall health. Heather wants her clients to achieve results while also developing a healthy relationship with food,recommending a lifestyle where all foods can fit.
Heather’s free time is spent exploring Central Texas. She loves going on hikes with her dog Rocko, visiting local Farmer’s Markets, trying new local restaurants or craft breweries, or catching a concert with friends.
Contact Heather for a free 15 minute consultation to learn how she can get you on track!
Check out her yummy chickpea pasta salad recipe below!
Banza Greek Pasta Salad
Makes 4 servings
26oz Baked Chicken Breast, Diced
5oz Reduced Fat Feta Cheese
1/2 c. reduced fat greek dressing
cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 medium cucumber, diced
1/2 c. sliced black olives
1 8oz box Banza Rotini
1. Roast chicken breast in oven until cooked through, allow to cool then dice.
2. While chicken is roasting, bring salted water to boil in a large sauce pan. Cook Banza pasta until Al Dente. Strain water and allow pasta to cool once cooked.
3. Halve toamotes, dice cucumber
4. Add diced chicken, vegetables, cooled pasta, and all other ingredients to large mixing bowl, Stir gently to allow Pasta to remain intact.
5. Can eat immediately, but flavors will meld better if allowed to rest at least overnight.
Nutrition Facts per serving
Cals: 501, total fat: 18gm, total carb: 42gm, fiber: 9gm, protein: 48gm